The PlayStation 4 has excellent controls, making it an excellent gaming console. As one of its best features, it carries a Blu-Ray player. Moreover, it can output video content in 1080p or FullHD quality. Furthermore, PS4 Pro supports 4K video, which is the third major upgrade to the PS4 line. The PS4 console can be connected to any smart TV, including Android, Roku TV, and Fire TV.
How to use ps4 on TV?
One of the most effective and easiest ways to use a PS4 and on a TV without HDMI is to utilize an HDMI converter. This translates the signal into something the television can understand and display. That said, there are different types of HDMI converters.
People most commonly used the HANA VIMA HD01 Video Converter. The specific model number should not matter as long as you have one that has at least 1080p output resolution and adjustable output quality settings (usually up to 1080p60).
Connection with HDMI
If your ps4 is connected to your computer monitor via HDMI cable you need a special type of HDMI adaptor which changes it from full size HDMI connector to micro HDMI or mini HDMI so it will fit into the ps4’s HDMI port.
Connection without HDMI
In order to use your PlayStation 4 on a TV that does not have an HDMI input. The steps are as follows:
- Connect the video converter box to your television,
- Then connect your Playstation 4 to the video converter box via an HDMI cord, and power on both devices.
- This should allow you to play your Playstation 4 on a TV without HDMI capabilities.
- You can also connect a pc monitor with HDMI input using same method but if its pc monitor with dual HDMI connection then better use HANA Mini-Box VGA plus Audio TS9 plus HD01 kit(this kit includes vga plus audio and HDMI to vga converters) for pc monitor using dual HDMI ports.
Output and resolution
It is very important that when purchasing an HDMI converter box for this purpose that it has at least 1080p output resolution and adjustable output quality settings (usually up to 1080p60). There are many options available, and it is important to understand the different specifications in order to make an informed decision when choosing the right converter.
Connection of TV and ps4
First, make sure your TV is switched to the input you will be using. I would use a coaxial input for this because it allows for the clearest picture. Once your television is on, connect one end of the PS4’s HDMI cord to the PS4 and one end to an open port on your television. Then, attach a power cord from a nearby outlet into a USB slot on the front or back of the PS4. At last turn on the Playstation 4 by pressing down firmly on the power button until two right angles appear next to each other in a circle.
Connect your Playstation 4 Pro console
Step by step guide
- First, switch your TV’s input source to the input you will be using for your PS4 Pro. You can do this by pressing the TV/Video button on your remote or by going into the TV’s settings menu.
- Next, connect one end of a HDMI cable to an open port on your television and another end to one of the two HDMI ports on the back of Playstation 4 Pro console. Make sure that those are both securely connected.
- If you’re using a PS VR headset, make sure it is plugged in as well after connecting to one of those same HDMI slots. In addition to an HDMI cord, you’ll need a power cord from a nearby outlet as well as the USB cable included with your VR headset since it needs its own power source.
- Once everything is connected, turn on both your TV and the Playstation 4 Pro console by pressing down firmly on the power button until two right angles appear next to each other in a circle (the same as before).
Finally, if you need any more help, take a look at the ports on the back or side of your television. These can be anything from a coaxial input, a DVI input, composite cables, or one of many other options. A coax input looks like a threaded screw while Composite inputs are three ports for red, white and yellow cables. A DVI input looks like what older computer monitors used to connect.